Openings and Volunteering
Lend a helping hand toward a thriving Downtown Colorado Springs!
Whether you’d like to help at festivals and events, distribute materials, provide office support or even serve as a docent on art walks, there are many ways for you to get with Downtown Partnership.
Downtown volunteer opportunities include:
- Festival/event staffing (handing out information at events, answering questions, surveying patrons, etc.). Minimum 3-hour shifts, usually seated; majority of opportunities are in summer.
- Collateral distribution (walking downtown to distribute posters and rack cards). Minimum 2-hour shifts monthly on the third week of each month. Other distribution opportunities vary.
- Office work (data entry, mailings, staffing reception desk, etc.). Minimum 3-hour shift weekly, or six hours monthly.
- Gardening (occasional pruning of street flowerbeds). As needed.
- Art/history docents (lead walking tours of downtown public art and historic properties; training provided). Two-hour shifts on as-needed basis.
Other volunteer opportunities that help Downtown:
- Ambassadors: Community Advancing Public Safety (CAPS) volunteers serve as downtown foot patrol Ambassadors for our city, providing customer service to visitors and merchants, while inherently promoting public safety as extra “eyes and ears” on the streets.
- Public Safety Camera System: Highly trained volunteers work with Colorado Springs Police Department officers to staff surveillance cameras in the Downtown Colorado Springs area.
For more information on the Ambassador or Public Safety Camera System programs, contact Jean Kraus at 719-444-7735, or click here to submit an online volunteer application.
There are no job openings at this time.
Want additional information?