STARTING AND EXPANDING BUSINESS DOWNTOWN
Publications, Forms and Other Resources
Downtown Partnership teams with several organizations as well as the City of Colorado Springs to make downtown the place best to start your business. To access information on licensing, taxes, permits and other resources click here.
Need more information? We can provide location specific statistics and property data upon request, and also publish market data specific to downtown through our annual report and other publications. To access publications and market data click here.
Building Enhancement Grants
Building Enhancement Grants are designed to improve the viability of businesses and stimulate economic vitality within the DDA. Grants provide funding to owners or tenants of new businesses moving into the DDA; existing businesses expanding within the DDA; or businesses making significant enhancements within the DDA. For more information, click here.
Attracting artists and creative entrepreneurs to a community infuses energy and innovation, which in turn enhances the economic and civic capital of a community. Downtown Colorado Springs was named a Colorado Creative District in June 2014. Click here for a virtual tour!
Our qualifying factors
- Cultural attractions (nearly half of all area cultural events take place downtown)
- Historic architecture, including one-third of the Registered historical landmarks within the county
- Concentration of creative industries including arts, advertising, architecture, and technology innovation
- Cultural activities, including:
- First Friday art walk
- Core Culture art and history tours
- Art on the Street annual public sculpture exhibit
- Street performance program
- Acacia Park Concert Series
Downtown is located within a Colroado Enterprise Zone. The Enterprise Zone program provides incentives for new and established businesses to locate and expand in economically distressed areas of the State. Businesses in the Enterprise Zone may save thousands of dollars on their Colorado income tax bill each year for any or all of the following:
- Making capital investments
- Hiring new employees
- Providing training for employees
- Rehabilitating old buildings
- Conducting Research & Development
Businesses are required to pre-certify for enterprise zone credits, but all businesses within downtown are eligible for certification. For more information click here.
Whether you are needing office space, a new retail location, a place to host a meeting or conference we can help you find the right space to suit your needs. Please call for a list of current availabilities.